Sunday, May 22, 2011

DIY Spring Birthday Party

We just celebrated our daughters' second birthday!  I can't believe she's already 2!  I've been looking online for months to find the perfect theme.  We finally decided on a spring/garden theme.  I wanted it to be simple, fun, and bright...and of course handmade! 


.FRESH FLOWERS.

We started with fresh flowers everywhere!!  We went to Sams Club, and chose bright green pom poms, coral tulips, and daisy's (ranging from $3.49- $9.99/bouquet).  I didn't have enough vases, so we used our tall juice glasses that have aqua flowers printed on them. 
These little beauties lasted all week, so after the party, we put them all over the house!  Everyone loves waking up to fresh flowers!


.BANNER.

I've seen these adorable banners all over etsy and absolutely love them!  I went to the scrapbooking section, picked out some bright and happy papers and created this!  After the party, it will be perfect for her bedroom or playroom (I haven't quite decided).


.POM POMS.


I love love love flower pom poms!!!  I am constantly admiring the beautiful creations in the PomLove etsy shop.  One of my closest friends and I had a play date with the kiddoes while we made some of our own pom poms!  We used the LollyChops tutorial (which is amazing!!) and hung these happy little poofs all over the house!

It's been a week since the party, and I just can't bring myself to take these down...they make me so happy!!


.CUPCAKES.


Last, but not least, we decided on cupcakes instead of a traditional birthday cake.  Best decision ever!  They were easy to make, looked adorable, and I didn't have to mess with the serving part.  Everyone just grabbed a cupcake!

My amazing friend Julie made a three tiered stand using wrapping paper and empty boxes!  Another wonderful and crafty friend, Amanda, used her cricut to make our cupcake toppers!

We also had watermelon slices, fresh strawberries and "dirt" (oreo cookie pudding) with gummy worms served in a sand bucket and served with a shovel!

I hope you found this helpful in planning your next party!!  Good luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment